Friday, September 11, 2009

Moving on to something new :-)

Well it's been almost a month since my last post. We didn't have our luck with trying ourselves, we didn't have luck with fertility treatments so now we are looking towards adoption. And you know what? I'm actually looking pretty forward to it. I always told dh that even if we did have a child on our own, I would still love to adopt one day. Maybe this is just what God is meaning for us to do at this moment in our lives.

I have been doing some research online and am lucky enough that the new Dr. we hired at my work adopted two children from social services which is where we are going to try, so I know if I some questions I have some people to go to.

If anyone has any recommendations on books, websites, etc. or just any advice you can give me it would be really appreciated. I am hoping to talk to someone at social services dept next week to figure out what we need to do to get the ball rolling.

I know it can take a few years to get everything said and done, I just want to be as informed as I can about everything.

I just feel like we are finally going in the right direction again and I am really excited. There is nothing more I want then to have a Happy Family with my dh, our three furkids and a child to take care of. Life would be good!!!

Feel free to email me if you ever need to as well I'll put it up on my blog.

Happy Thoughts of Wonderful Things to Come :-)

1 comment:

Alice said...

That's great news. Congratulations on coming to a decision and moving forward with a smile. I'll be curious to know how the process goes. All the best!